Common Enough Situation:
You buy LightSpeed POS and then down the road decide you want to add the eCommerce connector (for an online store, using either Web Store or Magento).
The Potential Problem:
After you make the purchase,LightSpeed issues you a revised/new license that includes the eCommerce Connector but until you perform the steps listed below, you’re still using the old license that does not include the eCommerce connector and the privilege of using the Connector doesn’t kick in until you do.
(*instructions were written by Babak/A Mac POS).
(Required for LightSpeed Web Store & LightSpeed Magento Connector)
To retrieve your updated LightSpeed Server license, please follow these steps:
1. Go to the LightSpeed Server preference in System Preferences
2. Click the lock in the bottom left corner of the LightSpeed Server
preference pane, and enter your OS X password to authenticate
3. Select your licensed LightSpeed Server from the left-side of the pane
4. Once selected, please click ‘Stop’
5. Click on the ‘Refresh’ button under the Licensing section
6. Restart the computer running LightSpeed Server (your changes will not take effect until you have done so).
**I’m not sure if clients don’t get the exact same instructions from LightSpeed after they buy the eCommerce thing.